Thursday, 4 December 2008

Yawn!

Hello

I'm really tired. Zonked, in fact. I'm at the Conference of the Parties in Poznan, Poland, and I've found a spare hour in which I don't have to work. Indeed, I can safely say that I am now off for the night, though we are going to dinner with another delegation so I'm going to have to be at my sparkling and witty best. i.e. I will have to get drunk.

Since this is a public blog, and since I'm a UK Negotiator, I have to be careful about what I say about the process. So this will be really, really dull.

Things seem in fairly good spirits. From the negotiations I've been in, I think people are more positive than they have been in the past (Bali last year was particularly dreadful at times, though we got a good result in the end). It remains to be seen whether anything positive will come out in the end, and everything really depends upon the Copenhagen meeting next year, but I feel more positive now than I have for a while.

Could be just the lack of sleep messing with my brain, of course.

No comments: