Sunday, 1 April 2012

Hot schadenfreude

In an unusually serious post, my thoughts are with Diane Hill and her family at this time. Mrs Hill was decanting petrol in her home when it caught fire and she was badly burned. I know I'm not alone in making comments along the lines of "Well, that was a bloody stupid thing to do."

That evening I set myself on fire. Not intentionally. This wasn't an experiment. I was cooking and reaching for something wedged at the back of the hob when the arm of my dressing gown caught alight. Well, that was a bloody stupid thing to do. Fortunately I was able to slap out the flames, whip the dressing gown off and jump up and down on it. I'm not sure it was alight at this point, but the jumping up and down did help to deal with the adrenaline.

Next time someone does something stupid and ends up in hospital, I'll be sure to say "I'm glad that's not me, I do stupid things all the time". I hope Mrs Hill gets well soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.