Thursday, 29 November 2012

Time, like an ever rolling metaphor...

Without really pausing to think about it, I've always considered 1st October 1994 as the beginning of my adult life, since it is, approximately, when I went up to university.

So I always find it disconcerting when a thing I think of as happening in a different age actually began after this date.  In this case, the Test Cricket career of Australia great Ricky Ponting.  Which started on 8th December 1995 to be precise.

Ponting seems an ever present to me.  Yet I was already in the second year of four, with prelims behind me.

Ponting has been and gone (or will have gone by the end of the Third Test against South Africa, after which he retires) and my life appears to have passed in the blink of an eye.

Ho hum.  At least we've got the Ashes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.