I haven't posted since June. I have posted anything meaningful since ... er. I came to Blogger with the intention of posting something with great meaning, as the world demands it. But the world really doesn't demand it. Blogging is displacement activity. I might as well go to The Guardian and post a really hard-hitting below the line post under one of the Brexit articles, for all the good it would do.
Every morning I open the (virtual) newspaper with a certain macabre fascination, to see what awful things have happened overnight. My focus is largely Trump, but there's always a chance of that David Davis or Nicolás Maduro, say, could have served up something both fantastically stupid and horribly regressive in the last 10 hours. Trump's the banker, though. Hunter S Thompson once dedicated a collection of writings "To Richard Milhous Nixon, who never let me down". I suspect he'd be less than impressed by Trump. A cheap remake, without the charm.
So, yeah, blogging about it isn't going to help. I need to (a) do something else (suggestions welcome) and (b) blog some more about pubs, and cricket, and stuff.
Cheerio!
Every morning I open the (virtual) newspaper with a certain macabre fascination, to see what awful things have happened overnight. My focus is largely Trump, but there's always a chance of that David Davis or Nicolás Maduro, say, could have served up something both fantastically stupid and horribly regressive in the last 10 hours. Trump's the banker, though. Hunter S Thompson once dedicated a collection of writings "To Richard Milhous Nixon, who never let me down". I suspect he'd be less than impressed by Trump. A cheap remake, without the charm.
So, yeah, blogging about it isn't going to help. I need to (a) do something else (suggestions welcome) and (b) blog some more about pubs, and cricket, and stuff.
Cheerio!

No comments:
Post a Comment