Everyone is now familiar with the fact that, whilst in quarantine during an outbreak of the plague in Jacobean era, Shakespeare was inspired to even greater heights of creativity than even he had previously reached, and used that time in isolation to draft several pilot episodes of sitcoms, one of which (in the modern era) became "Scrubs".
So, what of us? Well, the youngest has been collecting and cleaning stones from the garden, the oldest has been training a pack of Wolves in Minecraft and I've been picking fights with amateur pandemic modellers on Twitter. So, time well spent.
But I feel the novel stirring inside me. The resolution is unclear, but there's definitely an outline. A bold warrior who stands up for truth on Twitter, and is rejected, then ultimately, after a very long thread about why extrapolating from numbers posted on a reddit channel (whatever one of those is) is no substitute for proper epidemiological research, ignored. Something like that. I reckon I'll have it done by next week, then I can move onto my sitcom idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment