Monday, 28 December 2020

Rhinovirus

It's lovely to spend so much time with the family. Really lovely. Particularly during lockdown. Oh yes. Another week. So much time together. So many things to do. Er...

Well, at least there's no excuse this time for not doing the holiday homework. F has to research urbanism -- which has led to me imposing IPCC reports about the impact of climate change on cities on him, which he just adored learning about -- and J has The Romans. I'm not particularly confident about my ability to build the Colosseum using loo rolls, so perhaps a mosaic?

Aside from fixing a loose shower head, I'm struggling to think of anything significant I can achieve this week. Ripping out and replacing the entire kitchen, or a bathroom or two, is not within my spectrum of abilities, and nothing short of that will make a significant improvement to the house.

Kate has a plan to arrange the thousands of lego pieces into some sort of order, grouping them -- I think -- by set rather than colour. So that's 7 days of her time to be well spent.

Perhaps I should just accept that the children are happy to play 8 hours of board games a day, that there's nothing Holy about going for yet another walk along th towpath, and see to that shower head.

Postscript

I need not have worried. Georg Cantor established a series of sets of infinities of different sizes. This is rather well explained here. I do not know where the following two sets lie, but I do know that both are infinite, and the the second is a larger infinity than the first. Namely: The number of pieces of lego on the floor of our living room, and the time taken to remove them all from the floor.

I have, of course, not finished collecting lego from the floor, nor will I ever finish.

No comments: