Thursday, 28 April 2016

Stand back!

I'm going to do leadership!



I have spent the last 2 days training. Oddly enough, I have spent the last two days doing useful training. This is quite a novel sensation. I've picked up quite a lot of technical facts in my current role (a deeper understanding of the performance and potential adverse consequences of various types of insulation, for example) and Kate has been doing her best to drum in some basic understanding of humans and the way they relate to one another in society (this is part of an ongoing project she's been working on for the last couple of decades - I haven't seen the Gantt chart but apparently we are some way behind schedule) but I can't remember the last time I was in a formal learning situation where I learned this much. Probably when I was an undergraduate. Before I started skipping lectures. I have a better attention span now.



Anyway, I'm not going to talk about what I learned since this isn't a blog for middle managers. But I had been getting very run down at work. Stuck in a rut. Flat. Hopefully getting out of the office, learning some new tools (mainly old tools I've forgotten about) and just getting a different perspective will help enliven me.

No comments: